Friday, July 17, 2009

best souvenir ever

almost two years ago the three of us went all the way to the other side of the world to visit a very good (and yet very missed) friend and her family. we had a lovely time, good talks and big giggles. and off course at the end of the visit bitter tears because it is not fair we live our lifes so far from each other. during the visit down under we saw the most ugly, of the horrible kind, souvenirs. but one of the last days we visited an 'art shop' in Daylesford where I discovered our little fellow. and that was the souvenir I had been looking for! after a too long flight home we unpacked the guy (we are sure it is a male) and released him in our garden where he immediatly found a favourite spot. and ever since I start the day with a glimpse, out of my bedroom window, of far down under in my own garden! And at those moments my friend is not that far and I do a telepathically 'smile and wave'......


ps. sorry for the lousy picture (a better camera is on its way!)

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Elly. And now I have come over all wimpy and teary. Only one thing for it, I must find a tulip, a clog, a windmill or a slice of appel gebak met slagroom made out of aluminium and put it outside my own window immediately! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete